Join now - be part of our community!

Optiarc BC-5500H Drive has stopped working.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bluemooner_61
New

Optiarc BC-5500H Drive has stopped working.

It will not read original movie BD's or DVD's. I've checked the driver status, which is ok. I'm loathe to uninstall the drivers after reading a warning that sony will not accept responsibility for damage caused by incorrect installation of drivers. Besides I'm unable to find the exact model on the site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, there may be a problem with the drive. I presume you have tried an older BD disc as sometimes the latest titles will not play without an update?

You can try cleaning the laser lens inside the drive with a liquid lens cleaner but after that all you can try is restoring your Vaio back to factory settings to see if there is a software conflict.  You would need to back everything first.

Is your Vaio still within Warranty?  If so, I would phone Vaio Support and discuss a way forward.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Can you please give us your Vaio model - the correct model will be shown on the screen surround.

Modelname.png

bluemooner_61
New

Model Number

VPCCB2M0E/B

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you installed the Cyberlink  PowerDVD update from the support website for your model?

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VPCCB2M0E_B&l=en_GB

Are there any yellow warnings against the drive in Device Manager?

bluemooner_61
New

I installed the update. There are no warning signs in device manager. There's no chamge to the issue.

If I put a DVD in the drive it will play. If I put a BD in, the drive makes a clicking noise for a minute then just stops. When I go into the player and click play it does not recognise a disc is in the drive and tells me to put a dic in. After all this if I put another DVD in the drive I get the same problem as when I put a BD in. I have to shut down and restart the computer before I am able to play a DVD again.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unfortunately, there may be a problem with the drive. I presume you have tried an older BD disc as sometimes the latest titles will not play without an update?

You can try cleaning the laser lens inside the drive with a liquid lens cleaner but after that all you can try is restoring your Vaio back to factory settings to see if there is a software conflict.  You would need to back everything first.

Is your Vaio still within Warranty?  If so, I would phone Vaio Support and discuss a way forward.