Join now - be part of our community!

Outputting 5.1 Dolby Digital from BD on FZ21Z

lille06
Visitor

Outputting 5.1 Dolby Digital from BD on FZ21Z

Hi everyone.

I was wandering if anyone can offer any advice on the following problem...

I am using an FZ21Z to playback Blu-Ray discs on a Sony Bravia via HDMI. I have purchased a USB Creative Live Sound Blaster card which allows me to output digital sound via an optical cable to my Sony HT-SF1000 amp and speaker system.

However, I am having problems outputting a proper 5.1 Dolby Digital signal to the amp when playing Blu-Ray discs. I've tried a few different discs and made sure that all of the settings are correct e.g. output to S/PDIF in WinDvdBD and setting the sound option on the BD to 5.1 Dolby Digital. I only seem to get 2 channel PCM 48 audio.

I have tried doing this with normal DVDs and it works fine - I get a full 5.1 Dolby Digital signal output to the amp and the picture via HDMI to the television.

Does anyone have any similar problems and/or could offer a solution?

Any advice is grateful.
Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You might want to try a trial of PowerDVD, as it's more advanced features wise.

lille06
Visitor

Thanks for your response.

Which version of PowerDVD would you recommend? I've had a look on the Cyberlink website and it appears as though only the Ultra version will play Blu-Ray, but there is no trial version of this. I don't really want to purchase this yet until I can be sure that it works correctly.

There's a trial version of the normal PowerDVD 7 - do you know if this will play Blu-Rays?

Thanks
Rich

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think Ultra is the only one that will.