Join now - be part of our community!

OverCharging Laptop!!!!

MikeTJGuy
Visitor

OverCharging Laptop!!!!

GRT915 Looks like when the warranties up the bugs come out to play, first the overheating is sorted out. Now the bane of all laptops comes to play.

The batteries are being overcharged when at full capacity which means that the very expensive sony batteries are being destroyed everytime it reaches 100%. One battery has all ready had its maximum charge reduced.

How do I get the laptop to recognise a fully charged battery and to stop this nonsense!!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Yeah that does suck. Take it out of your machine with it shut down of course and invest in a power conditioner incase there is a power outage. I would do the same but here in Brazil I ounly have a surge protector and the power outages are very Bagdad like. My old girl Toshiba Tecra was murdered by the power cuts last time I was here as the battery was cooked.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

ROFLMFAO @ the pic.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My battery is doing the same, it being overcharged. The only solution I came up with is to remove it completely from the PC unless it is needed.

A better solution would be nice.

MikeTJGuy
Visitor

Thats a Class pic.

But ?

is there anyway around it, or why is the laptop doing this over charging thing. Is it some kind of sony ploy to get us to buy batteries at £75 a pop or is there some software or hardware available to cure this undesired effect.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

I often watch movies in the comfort of the bedroom with the wifey...(I know what you're thinking)....and run off the two batteries which normally will give me enough juice for two full length flicks (about 3 and a half hours) with the screen turned down etc. I did notice recently using the MobileMeter that sometimes the settings go berserk and discharge the battery around 27watts whereas it normally only uses 16watts. The only way to fix this seems to be to reboot using the battery. So Mikey mate I agree with you having some third party software controlling the battery operation would be a big help to conserve and regulate. Any ideas folks?