Join now - be part of our community!

PCG F610 shut off

tobio
Visitor

PCG F610 shut off

My old PCG F610 just winked off last night. One minute it was on then it was dead...not a flicker, nothing. It was on ac power at the time and I bumped it while I was moving it...very small bump but thats when it just went off........
Is there a fuse anywhere in this lap top? I have had it apart before ( fan, hard drive, memory )... so I am able to do my own work on it to a point..... very strange.
Any hints greatly appreciated. Would like to rescue this old machine if possible.

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

:four_leaf_clover:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

A low cost meter (AC,DC,circuit) wiil confirm that power is provided by the adaptor.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tobio
Visitor

well here is a mystery..... I put it all back together and pushed the power button.....it fired right up. I have no idea what I did but it appears to be all happy again. Very strange but I won't complain.
thankyou everyone for your input..... all seems well at the moment.
something must have been loose?
who knows..... I didn't drink THAT much beer last night

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Good to hear that, Tobio. Let's hope that there are no further problems:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
kee-lo_

Superb news.

See the shamrock is lucky!

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

well here is a mystery..... I put it all back together and pushed the power button.....it fired right up. 

There's no mystery. I've been fixing broken stuff like that for years. It's a 'man gift', Something stops working, unscrew the back, have a poke about (usually with a screwdriver tapping bits and pieces). Put the whole thing back together again and hey presto!:smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

It's a 'man gift', Something stops working, unscrew the back, have a poke about..... 

......with you so far there, had some success myself with this tactic in the past. Where the hell does the screwdriver come into play¿¿ :wink: :wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

LOL:smileylaugh:

I wondered where I was going wrong...:smileysad:

kee-lo_

That doesn't always work for me....

tobio
Visitor

well perhaps it isn't such a mystery!:smileygrin:
anyway here I am typing away on the stupid thing....... perhaps this means I am qualified to open my own repair shop:smileyconfused:

in a recent study 3 out of 4 people were found to represent 75% of the population