Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-K115Z freezes

Repter
Visitor

PCG-K115Z freezes

We have a PCG-K115Z Vaio. In fact, we've had it for quite a while already. However, we have this problem that very occasionally, the notebook will just freeze completely. The only thing that can be done is keeping the power button pressed down for a couple of seconds to do a hard power-off. There is absolutely no pattern in how/when this happens. The laptop may be working fine for weeks. Also, it may freeze when it was just sitting idle with no CPU or other load whatsoever.
Anyone have any idea what I should look into to get this resolved ? I'm a bit late with trying to resolve this as we've had this machine for a year or so. It never was a big issue since it's my gf's laptop and she didn't use it that much.
Tnx.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I wonder if this is reported in the event log?

Go to Start > Control Panel > Administritive tools > Event Log and look for red crosses or yellow exclaimation marks

Repter
Visitor

Ok, I will check as soon as I have the chance. However, I very much doubt it, since the entire system freezes which typically means that Windows doesn't even get the chance to do anything.
However, in the mean time, I found this page : http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/32330/ which seems a very similar problem. So I will give that a try as well.

R.