Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-K415S LCD Problems

Invoker
Visitor

PCG-K415S LCD Problems

i got my vaio a few days ago. when i play games my screen became corrupt from time to time. after 10 mins the screen goes mad... it looks like when you set the refresh rate wrong you cant see anything but after 4 or 5 seconds it becames good and after another 10 mins happens the same thing. it only happen on games [every game that i played] does anyone have the same problem ? :cry:

22 REPLIES 22
Eugenepang
Visitor

That games are you playing? might it be the graphic memory insuffician?

Invoker
Visitor

i play knight online, hl2, doom3 but my fps seems over 40 and when i connect a external moitor only my lcd screen goes mad that interesting. :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds like something might be overheating, check the fans have pleanty of breathing space on the desk/lap.

Invoker
Visitor

i have checked my tempratures. CPU is 60 and HDD is 30 while web borwsing and in games CPU goes to 72 - 76 and HDD is around 38 - 40 is this normal ? if they are hight how can i lower them ? thx

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

NO! Your VAIO has a desktop CPU (Intel Pentium4 Prescott). You VAIO runs really at the limit with 76 degrees. More then 80 degrees are critical for the CPU. And the graphic chipset could be much more hot.
45-50 degrees are OK at normal usage.

Invoker
Visitor

so what shoud i do ? my laptop is new only used for a few days.
i love sony much everything i have in my house is sony :smileygrin:
sony tv, sony dvd player... bla bla.. i like design of this laptop but it makes problems from the fist day. that is unexpected from sony :slight_frown:

seb21__
Visitor

I have not a real solution. I can only say, keep the fans clean. A Prescott CPU is too heavy for a laptop. I don't know why Sony build s*** like these.
The only solution what I can give you. Look my photo and then take the VAIO back and get a other one.

Invoker
Visitor

:cry: ok thx your time ill try my luck at the e-support. i love the laptop much it is faster then many laptops. but if the e-support cant fix my lcd problem then ill buy another laptop whit centirno CPU i think.. and it is my first time that i feel unhappy about a sony product :slight_frown:

seb21__
Visitor

Yes a Centrino would be better. Less heat and similar Power. I'm sorry if I say that, but a this CPU is really too heavy for a laptop.
If you want a other VAIO, then I think the VGN-FS115M would be a alternative. But this laptop has some Children illnesses. But the best would be a VGN-A. But the A-series are really expensive. :slight_frown:

But it could be also that your laptop was faulty. Maybe a other K415S has this problems not.:smileyhappy: