Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-RS212 dont like Ati graphics cards, mag keine Ati Grafik

BossXxX
Visitor

PCV-RS212 dont like Ati graphics cards, mag keine Ati Grafik

Hello,
i have a Sony RS212, i try to install a ATI 9600pro, but it dont work. the system freezes after a while. in two other system the card work perfectly. can any one help me. the sony support dont know what for graphics cards work in the system. they cant help me.

Hallo,
ich habe einen Sony RS212, in diesen wollte ich eine ATI 9600pro einbauen. aber es funktioniert nicht. das system bleibt nach einiger zeit einfach stehn. auch von der sony hotline erfährt man nicht welche grafikkarten in diesen system funktionieren, obwohl im beiplatt von agp erweiterungsmöglichkeiten gesprochen wird. hat da einer erfahrung damit.

BossXxX

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hello, 
i have a Sony RS212, i try to install a ATI 9600pro, but it dont work. the system freezes after a while. in two other system the card work perfectly. can any one help me. the sony support dont know what for graphics cards work in the system. they cant help me.

I believe it's probably due to the power supplies in the Sony VAIOs - they're only 300W while modern 3D graphics cards rely on a 400W box. Maybe this is the issue.

BossXxX
Visitor

i dont think that. we have tested it on a other pc, with a 300w ,4 hard drive, and 3 pci cards. they work. but not in the rs212. the ati 9600 pro are only work at 1 agb.i try to chance this aber nothing work. at the sony support can not say what for graphic cards work.

BossXxX

Hello, 

I believe it's probably due to the power supplies in the Sony VAIOs - they're only 300W while modern 3D graphics cards rely on a 400W box. Maybe this is the issue.

kee-lo_

Are you sure that PSU in the VAIO is a 300W? Some are even low as 220.

BossXxX
Visitor

total 295 w

hi this is not an answer but another question.
how did you calculate that it is 295 w??
i need to know cos i want to buy a radeon 9600xt.

th steffen

BossXxX
Visitor

so i think sony block ati cards. today i was in a computer shop.
we tested a
9600 pro
and the result is, all cards accept only 1x agp.

we tested else
nvidia geforce 3 ti 500
nvidia 4200
and a 4600
the result is, all nvidia cards are accept 4x agp .

why???? dont like sony ati??? or whats wrong.

BossXxX

Ps.
the 295 stnad on the power supply.

kee-lo_

ROFL Sony have ATi's in most of their laptops.

BossXxX
Visitor

but why dont work ati cards in my desktop. and nvdia cards a work fine???

BossXxX

ROFL Sony have ATi's in most of their laptops.

chuckalicious
Visitor

Nah! I don't think you can block a particular make of card. It really must be related to the power supply. I would agree that many of the Vaios have very low powered PSUs.