Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-RZ221 - any good?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

PCV-RZ221 - any good?

Anyone have any experience of this machine - is it worth the money? Is it loud? Does it perform, or is it just a pretty box?

9 REPLIES 9
iainjturner
Visitor

Bejeeesus! I'd buy that just for the looks! :smileygrin:

It's making my RX1 look terrible!!!

kee-lo_

Haha, looks isn't everything though :slight_frown:

VAIOneer
Visitor

Putting performance aside, I don't see why anyone would not be impressed by that case :laughing:

I have'nt had a chance to look into the specs of the machine yet, but you need to compare to other machines with similar specs, or other machines at similar price and see whether its suits you.
Remember, at the end of the day, everyone has something to say about PCs, but the final buying decsion HAS to be yours :cool:

chuckalicious
Visitor

I have the RX405, which I think is a few steps down from the one you are asking about. It is a fantastic machine and can do pretyt much anything you throw at it.
The fact that you now get the GeForce 4 Ti card with it makes it even better.
The only grumble I hae about the 405 (my one) is that the case does not have much room for expansion. I usually like at least 4 extra PCI slots so I can put in little extras, but hey, you can't have everything. Suppose I could always buy a new case :slight_smile:
The new models are quite expensive, but this is for a few reasons;
1. It's made by Sony, so of course it's going to cost more
2. It is a pretty good spec
3. The case is so damn sexy

You could get the same power elsewhere for less, but the support may lack and of course the quality will no doubt be much less

kee-lo_

Hehe, thanks for the info,
I'll think about it, and look at other PCs too.

robpaxton
Explorer

That's a wild beast.

danf_42
Visitor

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty happy with the performance.

One thing you should be aware of is the lack of dual monitor support. I ended up taking the geforce 4 4600 out and putting in the geforce 4 4400 from my old machine, to get the support for my 2 monitors.

It is very fast in games. I had to turn the game speed on command & conquer generals down, because the units were running around like speedy gonsales!!

The case is very sexy. It actually looks better in real life than it does in the images. It is very quiet, especially compared to my old pc, which sounded like an aircraft.

There is only 1 spare PCI slot, but that doesn't matter too much, since things like the network card and sound card are built into the motherboard.

It also comes with the DVD + - RW drive, meaning you can burn both formats.

kee-lo_

Nice, thanks for the info. Maybe something I will buy for achieving getting a job :tongue:

sarx
Visitor

I have the rz22's brother the rz24. Have had it for only two monthes but I can tell ya
its a winner :smileygrin: I have not had the time to explore all this box can do but so far it been fantastic. Good luck.

p.s. does look sexy doesn't it?