Join now - be part of our community!

PCV-W1 Questions

paulmase
Visitor

PCV-W1 Questions

Im over the moon with this machine but i have a few worrying thougts.
1. Where do i plug a moniter or scanner into the machine, i cant seem 2find a port,do i need an adaptor ?
2. does it support broadband internet ?
3. does it work with any sony interactive surround sound movie packages ?

Thanks tp anyone who replies

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

1 and 2 are the same really, they can connect VIA USB, as for monitors you need a standard monitor port.

As for movie packages I should think so.

paddy_uk
Visitor

It should also have an ethernet port which would allow you to use an ethernet ADSL modem.

kee-lo_

Yeah I was tempted by the W1, but some of the spec isn't brilliant. Also Gigapocket isn't as good as it's made out to be.

paddy_uk
Visitor

I liked it too,but like you Kee-Lo found the rig to be quite lacking in the graphics and other areas. It's not as portable as they make out though! Have you seen the unit clipped to the back of the monitor?! Would break your back lugging it around! :wink:

It could easily have been a lot better than what it ended up.

chuckalicious
Visitor

I think I see what you are meaning. Many scanners are still parallel connected, and by the looks of the machine, it doesn't have a parallell port (my damn RX405 doesn't have a comm port and I really need one!).
As for monitor, there should still be a VGA socket.

kee-lo_

I think the W1's more a show off toy for those who have a lot of money and minimalist living rooms. This big machine there instead of the telly.