Join now - be part of our community!

PI & P2 buttons not functioning

profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

PI & P2 buttons not functioning

Hello gentlemen,

I have recently started my laptop (details below), after a week or two downtime and found that my P1 & P2 buttons do not work. The P2 button was 'programmed' to operate the Hibernate condition whilst the P1 button operated the Volume Mute. Also, out of interest, my Shift+F12 operation, which should instigate Hibernation, also does not work.

I know I had this problem before but am unable to find the solution that was given searching thru the Forum pages. Would someone be kind enough to provide the solution to this problem again please - promise I will print and keep this time!.

Thank you very much.

Gyron

3 REPLIES 3
me61ic
Visitor

Hello gentlemen,

I have recently started my laptop (details below), after a week or two downtime and found that my P1 & P2 buttons do not work. The P2 button was 'programmed' to operate the Hibernate condition whilst the P1 button operated the Volume Mute. Also, out of interest, my Shift+F12 operation, which should instigate Hibernation, also does not work.

I know I had this problem before but am unable to find the solution that was given searching thru the Forum pages. Would someone be kind enough to provide the solution to this problem again please - promise I will print and keep this time!.

Thank you very much.

Gyron

What Rob says here should work for you as well. Good luck
http://club.vaio.sony.eu/clubvaio/es/es/forum/viewthread?thread=37301#177732

gyron1
Explorer

Thank you me61ic, will have a go over the holiday.

Kind regards and happy Christmas

Gyron

gyron1
Explorer

Hello me61ic,

Just out of interest, how did you find the thread relating to my problem (the one you kindly re-directed me to)?

As we all know the Vaio Forums search device is broken, and I have never been able to get the work-a-round suggested to work.

Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and all other readers of this thread.

Gyron