Join now - be part of our community!

pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k15 driver problem

fedeuropeo
Visitor

pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k15 driver problem

hi all.
i bought my new vaio vgnfs295xp two weeks ago. i have a problem with the dvd-rw; it works with the cd-r, it reads dvd but it doesn't write dvd! after testing burn programs such as sonic, nero and clone dvd2 without success i discovered that the driver of the PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K15 of my vaio is really old, it's of 2001!!!!! i would like to update the driver or the firmware of the dvd-rw but i'm not able to find anything on the sony site, on the vaio site and on the pioneer site. i tryed to call the vaio support but after 15 minutes i didn't talk with anybody!!!!!! please help me!

thanks to alla in advance.

federico

6 REPLIES 6
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi

I'm not too sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but this site has a number of Pioneer drivers.

I think your driver is at the bottom of that page.

Like I said, I'm not too sure so make sure it's not an even older driver than the one you've already got.

All the best.

fedeuropeo
Visitor

hi,

thank you for your help.

federico

fedeuropeo
Visitor

hi.

i downloaded the new firmware. when i start the installer it doesn't work because it doesn't find the target. do you have any hint?

thanks in advance.

federico

webraiser
Visitor

I'm having the same problem burning DVD's. No succes except Verbatim DVD+R.

I also tried the driver / firmware 1.11 but it is unable to install

HELP !!!!!

fedeuropeo
Visitor

i had the problem also with verbatim +R.
:cry:

webraiser
Visitor

From what i have learned so far our problem can only be solved with a firmware update. I wrote to sony about this problem and also explained that i tried to use the firmware update provided by Pioneer (1.11). Sony advised me only to use firmware updates provided by them. They are looking into this problem and sofar i haven'd heard anything.....