Join now - be part of our community!

pioneer DVD112D not compatible with veritas recordnow DX

satch2107
Visitor

pioneer DVD112D not compatible with veritas recordnow DX

Sony Vaio PCV-RX305, about 5 years old now so I did a complete overhaul and took it back to as factory new, used all four discs to re-program it. So now when I come to use recordnow dx to make a data disc my computer tells me that i have no recordable devices installed.I still have the original Samsung CD-ROM SC140C and also installed a new Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-112D, Everytime I try to use recordnow ( yes I know, get Nero6 instead, but I like the veritas system) it refers me to the Symantec website which bamboozles me as I don't know where to go from there. I obviously need some driver download which will help my computer to see the DVD writer., also I noticed something about master and secondary unit, I guess this means that the DVD writer has to be the master and the CD-ROM the slave , or vice-versa. There are tabs on rear of both devices but no pictures to help me decide which ones they should be. If anyone can make "head nor tail" what I am trying to say here then please feel free to respond. Thankyou.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi satch,

The old RecordNow DX is so old it cannot support anything that burns at 8X or more. I think there are also problems with the handling of DVD-Video.

Unless you can find an update from Sonic/Veritas/Verbatim then it is time to move into the 21st Century and get a modern burning utility.
:slight_frown:

satch2107
Visitor

So do you suggest I go for Nero 6 or 7, like everyone else, I have to spoken to then ??

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

There are some good burning software on the market now, specially Nero and DeepBurner Pro for the more advanced things.