Join now - be part of our community!

Playback DVD's US v Europe

SimonS
Visitor

Playback DVD's US v Europe

I have a Z series notebook and travel back and forth between the UK and the US. I want to be able to play back DVD's I have purchased in either country. I have been told that if I use a US DVD in my player then a UK one and then a US my player will flip to only playback US DVD's. My question, is this correct and if yes is there a solution so I can play DVD's from either region.

5 REPLIES 5
William
Visitor

Normally I would recommend Region Free from www.dvdidle.com.

As a paying user I recently found that the latest release downloaded for my TR5MP does not work.

I believe you can download a trial version, If you can try before you buy.

William

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Another thing I think you can do is use something like DVDDycriptor which will strip the region codes and let you play it off the hard disk.

robpaxton
Explorer

Or try VLC which should allow you to play most region encoded DVDs

SimonS
Visitor

Rob,

Thanks for the advice, apologies for the delay in responding but I have been heading back from the US and have been off line for several days.

I have been told that one solution could be to download a 'hack code' that effectively removes the region blocking capability. I am a novice at this so have no idea if that advice is good, bad or b******s?????

I would be interested if knew of this option and if there are any pitfalls to be aware of?

Thanks,

Simon

kee-lo_

I would avoid the hack code.