Join now - be part of our community!

please help me ...........

supers8ke
Visitor

please help me ...........

i have a vgn fj3s/w started system recovery and half way through it stopped and said please start recovery again. so restarted laptop and the same thing happened again so i took the disk out and restarted then a message saying realtek ethernet v2.0 media test failure (well along those lines)and invalid partition table.it will load up the recovery disk every time i put it in but because its done around 40% of the recovery it continues only on the restore factory settings which you can imagine how much time i have wasted trying it...and obviously i cant download the disks again cause it automaticly resumes from the system recovery...
can someone please help..

many thanks ash

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ash,

have you tried a system recovery using the Vaio hidden HDD recovery partition.?

To do this remove the recovery disc that you created, start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press the F10 key repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

supers8ke
Visitor

hi

yes i tried this several times with all the f keys the only one the works is the f2 and i set everything back to default and still no luck...

many thanks
ash

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ash,

as both recovery disc's and HDD recovery partition are not recovering your Vaio, then I suggest you contact Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support