Join now - be part of our community!

PLZ HELP WIFI DEAD NOT WORKING!!!!!

a7med_360
Visitor

PLZ HELP WIFI DEAD NOT WORKING!!!!!

heyyyy ive got this problem with my wifi internet(BTW i am online using ethernet) what happend when i run the Wireless Zero Configuration (Wireless Network Conncection) i receive the following message:
WINDOWS CANNOT CONFIGUE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION

IF YOU ENABLED ANOTHER PROGRAM TO MANAGE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION, USE THAT SOFTWARE

IF YOU WANT WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE THIS WIRELESS CONNECTION START THE WIRELESS ZERO CONFIG SERVICE. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE WZC SEE ARTICLE 871122 IN THE M$ KNOWLEDGE BASE.

so far i got it to work for a minute by doing the following

1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.
2. Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.
3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
4. In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.

this works but about a minute later i have to do the same thing again to get it to work! and then so on you see a pattern here? so please help

29 REPLIES 29
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I mean that part might need replacing.

a7med_360
Visitor

u serious are u saying i might have to change my network card :thinking:

also i dont know if this might help but i get this message sometimes when i try to start the service

the wireless zero configuration on local computer started then stopped. some services stop automatically if they have no work to do for example the performance logs and alert services.

a7med_360
Visitor

Thanks to everyone for trying to help ive worked it out alone and my wifi is running flawlessly with the Sony Wireless Lann Switcher running ..... And the part didnt need replacing thank you alllllllllllll :cool:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi a7med_360,

I'm glad you've solved the wireless problem..

If you have the time could post your solution as it may be of help others forum members.. :slight_smile:

a7med_360
Visitor

Hey Thalmus,

sure thing...... This problem occured for me because of my ISP they sent me there new router (BT Home Hub) which came with the cd, the CD doesnt install anything on my laptop just run a flash wizard on how to connect to the internet.....while the flash wizard is running it installed a .exe file in programs file list called Wireles deamon.... all i had to do is remove it and end its process...... so if this problem occurs with a similar reason like mine run a search with ur ISP's name on it and check everything u have on ur HDD installed by your ISP cd....The sony wireless lan starter has no effect on WZC as the sony wireless lan starter interacts with the WCZ........hope this helps anyone who has this problem...

Another solution which should be tried first is to enable it from services by doing the following

Run>services.msc
Scroll to the bottom to find Windows Zero Configuration, double click it make sure the Start-up Type Is AUTOMATIC ..&
Services Status Is Started

Hope this helps and thank u all for helping me out :heart_eyes: :cool:

kee-lo_

Ahh well you could have said you got a new router :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a7med_360
Visitor

AHHAHAHA true :smileygrin: :smileygrin: but still ive used many other routers with my laptop in Uni and at starbucks when im doing my work even when im abroad so i didnt think it was an issue but damn BT to hell for the CD ... its installed the .exe without prompting me or anything all it was meant to be or wizard on how to connect to the internet....anyway problem solved :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ...

kee-lo_

Yeah I don't understand why they did that, 100s of people have complained about this around the web.

a7med_360
Visitor

really i havent hear anything about it over the internet thats why i couldnt find a solution on the internet

kee-lo_

There are a few threads here, it's about time they updated the FAQ on their site.