Join now - be part of our community!

PMD problems - Flash Video (Vaio Z 2011) **SONY PLEASE HELP!

profile.country.en_GB.title
jazzpeg
Visitor

PMD problems - Flash Video (Vaio Z 2011) **SONY PLEASE HELP!

Hi,
I have just got the New Vaio Z with the PMD, i7 + 8gb ram - so very fast!

BUT when the PMD is connected there seems to be certain issues with the following:
Adobe Flash videos on the web seem to have a slower frame rate and screen tearing when truning on full screen. Also sometime glitches completely. I have ensured all frivers and flash are up to date. (Eg Please see bbc news site live video channel while PMD is connnected!
Google Picasa Photo viewer has really big screen tearing when zooming in and out.
On all these the onboard Intel HD3000 runs fine on all. Surely the PMD should be running these all more smoothly not worse ?!?
Anyone else spotted this??
I am guessing it is bugs with the early drivers ???

Are these all issues with the ATI driver??? Or problems with PCI-e bus 2.0 x4 speed limitations ????

Please note 3D graphics and games as blu-ray movies all seem to  work fine one the PMD. But for basic essential things like flash, photo and video viewing which I use most to have problems this need to be sorted.

Someone please advise...

Message was edited by: jazzpeg

Message was edited by: jazzpeg

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.de_DE.title
deafact
Visitor

Hi!

I have just ordered my Z. I've also watched some vids about it.

In one of them they say that you need to run the PMD with the bigger power adapter. Maybe you plugged in the smaller one (I don't know if that's even possible...) and your PMD has power supply problems.

This may not be helpful, but I wanted to give it a try.

Greetings