Join now - be part of our community!

Poor repair on a Vaio

cezdumbr
Explorer

Poor repair on a Vaio

Hello.

My name is Cezar, one of Sony customers and recently I had a problem with a Sony Vaio still in guarantee wich been having a problem with the hard drive. I send it to Sony for fixing end of last year and after a couple of weeks a finally got it back apparently fixed. See: Refund problem - Case ID 9341103

On the paper I received them with the laptop it was says that my faulty hard drive has been replaces as failed Sony HDD test. Since I receive my laptop I had tons of errors and I had to install windows about 4 times as it was crashing.

I been testing the hard drive recently and I found a surface error on it and I have a picture wich I am going to attach it here for proving:
photo 1.JPG
 It can't break again so quick, so I imagine that my falty hard drive has been fixed and put it back and not replaced as Adam write it on my papers received back.

I can hear scratching noises on hard drive, hard drive light is on most of the time , laptop is freezing and I'm also getting an error saying: 

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

And a restart after that.

I been searching on internet for this error and I found this:

"0x7A KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR belongs to a class of errors that are generally considered hardware errors. These errors are rarely caused by software/drivers and typically indicate that a component is failing or has already failed). 

The KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR bug check occurs when there are problems with reading a memory page from disk back into physical memory. The error typically indicate a problem in the RAM, hard drive(s), or storage controller(s). Since it is typically a hardware problem, the value of the information reported by the debugger is usually limited to identifying corruption in the system files in memory and on disk."

So it looks like there is a problem with the hard drive.

My details:

Description: SVE1512W1ESI CEK
Serial Number: 54512184-0000229
Fault code: DCLXVI\HDD09
Repaired on 25/11/13
 Job number: 1276311

I was trying to sort this problem with customer service but they are so slow. Send them that picture with the result they ask me to do it on 3th of February and since that day I haven't receive an answer back and last night I had to install windows again, for the 5th time in 2 months.

If there anyone who can help me with this as last time you guys helped me a lot it will be great. Thanks for taking your time reading this.

Cheers.

0 REPLIES 0