Join now - be part of our community!

Problem detected with amD Radeon HD 7600M Series - Windows 8 Upgrade

profile.country.fr_CH.title
gcerquei
Visitor

Problem detected with amD Radeon HD 7600M Series - Windows 8 Upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 8, I get the following error message during as soon as windows loads up: Program Compatibility Assistant > ATI Catalyst Control Center > ATI Technologies > This program needs to be reinstalled before it will work properly on this new version of windows.

I tried ATI Mobility downloader and it gives me the following message: AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer. The version of your graphic adapter is not supported. Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphic driver update.

I run VAIO Care I get: Problem detected with amD Radeon HD 7600M Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20)

Can anyone please help?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi gcerquei and welcome.

If you provide your Vaio Model, someone may be able to help.

It may just be that the ATi Radeon for Windows 8 driver is not yet available.  These new drivers are being added daily as they arrive.  This is the likely cause.

:thinking:

profile.country.fr_CH.title
gcerquei
Visitor

Hello Blencogo, I hear you! The issue is with my daughter's recently acquired SVE14A1V1EP. It is a pink notebook. It came with W7 and I upgraded it myself to W8 Pro 39$ software I purchased on the Microsoft on-line shop. Any views if how I can be made aware of when the ATi Radeon driver for W8 I need will be made available? Where should I look for it? Thank you!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi gcerquei.

Very pretty!

If you go to the Support Pages for that model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE14A1V1EP/updates

and click on 'Latest Downloads' -> Windows 8 you will see all the Windows 8 drivers for your daughter's Vaio.  I think you may need to install the very last driver in the list for the AMD Graphics.

I understand Sony fully support this model and can provide a Vaio Windows 8 Upgrade Kit with all software and drivers on a CD or a download: -

https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/sony/windows8/EU/index_welcome.aspx

Good luck!

:thinking:

profile.country.fr_FR.title
@6691781704027275
Visitor

Hi All,

I have exactly the same trouble !!!

Any Solutions ?

Ty

Romain

zupalex
Visitor

Hello,

same issue here. In fact it's because Sony did not published the drivers for windows 8 related to this specific setting (AMD HD 7670M + INTEL HD 3000)

Hopefully they will release it...

zupalex
Visitor

Hello again,

I somehow found a kind of "backdoor" to this issue.

I installed the drivers for the intel graphics HD 3000 for windows 8 alone to get the Intel HD software to manage the Intel graphic adapter.

Then I downloaded the windows 8 drivers associated to the Sony VAIO SVE14A2V1EP, which is basically the same laptop than our SVE14A1V1EP except that the HD7670m is coupled with an INTEL HD4000 instead of our INTEL HD3000.

So I installed those drivers and he didn't change anything for the INTEL HD3000 which still works, but now, the Catalyst Control Center is working, recognize my AMD HD 7670M and the commutable graphics are working. And if I go into my system management, I do not have this yellow sign on my AMD HD 7670M.

Hope it will help some of you :