Join now - be part of our community!

problem occuring in OS?

profile.country.en_GB.title
rashmimishra
Visitor

problem occuring in OS?

Earlier Iam having Preloaded OS of window vista home premium. Because of some registry file has deleted from the system it is not performing well, i want to format my lapy.After word i came to know that i had losted my OS cd. i contacted sony service centre they suggest me for formatting my lapy and enter the same product key. When i undergone the same procedure OS is not accepting the product Key?

Kindly provide me a link of the Preloaded OS of window vista home premium.So that I can regain the facility Provided by SONY VAIO.

Lapy Model no.: VGNNS240E

Rashmi mishra

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You cannot just download the OS. It is not available for download - if it was everyone would download it illegally.  The Product Key is not a valid Activation Key as you never have to enter this if you are using the preloaded OS.

It's not a good idea to format your PC without making Recovery Discs of your OS or at least having an OS to reinstall.

Try tapping F10 during startup.  If the Recovery Partition has not been formatted, the Recovery Centre should open and you can choose to make a complete reinstallation back to factory settings.

If you have formatted the Recovery Partition then you will have to buy a set of Recovery Discs from Sony or buy a retail license from Microsoft.

:thinking: