Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with new vaio duo 11 hybrid

profile.country.en_GB.title
beemerboy88
Visitor

Problem with new vaio duo 11 hybrid

Hello,

I have a problem with my 1 month old vaio duo 11 tablet ultrabook.

In tablet mode with the slider closed up its runs perfectly fine but when i slide it open into laptop mode it becomes very slow. The mouse movements become choppy and the system runs at a crawl. Also the wireless adaptor disconnects and disappears from device manager.

If boot it up in tablet mode it boots fast and runs fast and wireless adaptor appears and works.

If boot it up in laptop mode it boots slow, runs slow and wireless adaptor not installed

I've tried re-installing drivers and updating to latest drivers. I've also done a full system recovery back to factory settings but problem still exists. Firmware is latest so it won't let me re-install the firmware. Vaio care diagnostics says nothing is wrong.

Mcafee says there is NO virus

Not sure what else it could be. Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi beemerboy88 and welcome.

That seems an odd one! It sounds like a hardware glitch.

You may get an answer from a fellow user here but I think it was me, I would phone Sony at Vaio Support and see if this is a known problem.

:thinking:

beemerboy88
Visitor

will send unit in for repair. For £1500 you would think you would get a reliable computer!

beemerboy88
Visitor

unit repaired (faulty 256gb ssd replaced). took over a week to replace a plug in ssd drive??? and no communications/status updates sent from sony. did get a free cleaning cloth as compensation though.