Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Vaio FW11M

canadese
Visitor

Problem with Vaio FW11M

Hi
i have a FW11M laptop and i have a probem right now..well i deleted the partition with vista but i still have the 10gb partition..i think with all recovery stuff..i don't know..is there a chance to have again everything???plss help meee
thank you in advance..

9 REPLIES 9
sumbossdodger
Visitor

did u make recovery disks?

canadese
Visitor

no..but i installed just vista..

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi canadese,

Have you tried tapping F10 at boot (when you see the Vaio Logo)? This will hopefully take you to the recovery utility. Assuming that the recovery partition is intact you should then be able to recover your machine to "as delivered".

Bear in mind that this procedure will delete all personal data files...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
canadese
Visitor

yees i tried it..i get a black screen with [ /noexecute=optin well i've to delete vista??what do u think??

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi canadese,

I suspect your HDD recovery partition has been formatted as starting your Vaio and pressing F10 repeatedly when you saw the Vaio logo screen did not start the recovery process.. :slight_frown:

Unfortunately as you have not created a set of recovery disc's, then you will have to contact Vaio-Link to purchase a new set of recovery DVD's, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

canadese
Visitor

mm i'm not sure i deleted it..well when i installed vista i saw [Free space: 220 gb]and a logic partition of [8gb full]..is that the recovery partition??once i tried f10 and it showed me Editor Boot now with vista it shows me this think i don't know what is it..what do u think if i try to format vista partition and try the recovery process??will it work?? thank u for the answers anyway :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

what do u think if i try to format vista partition and try the recovery process??will it work?? thank u for the answers anyway :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I doubt that will work.. :slight_frown:

As I said above I think you best option is to contact Sony support to purchase a new set of recovery DVD's..

canadese
Visitor

oook :slight_smile: i'll contact sony support :slight_smile: and thank u soo much for ur help :slight_smile: :clap:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: