Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Vaio TX2XP

rareair04
Visitor

Problem with Vaio TX2XP

Hi Gang,

My Vaio TX2XP is behaving erratically, someone please help!

It seems to run off of the mains supply a-ok, powers up etc., but when you unplug the power cord and run on batteries it wont turn on. Ok, I thought that the battery might be dead so I let it charge for over three hours, the blinking charge LED is working fine (two rapid blinks in quick succession to show me its charging). Yet when I disconnect the cord and try to run on the battery power nothing happens.

Can any whizz out there offer any clues or remedies?

Many Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi rareair04,

It sounds like a battery fault. You don't say but I assume it used to work OK on battery in the past?

It could be the battery or the charging circuitry.

The only way to check is to find a working battery and try it in your Vaio. If you don't know anyone with the same model, perhaps a local Sony Centre would let you take your Vaio in and use a good battery and see if it will startup OK.

What happens if you pull out the power cord when the Vaio is working?

:thinking:

rareair04
Visitor

Hi mate,

Yes, it was working a-ok before. I had cause to replace the faulty hard drive in there, and since then it has been playing up. When running on mains power, if i remove the power cord, the pc just shuts down on me.

Looks like I am going to have to find another battery and start the process of elimination on this.

Many thanks