Join now - be part of our community!

Problems using Sony Bluetooth Mouse with Vaio Laptop

profile.country.GB.title
shanwar66
New

Problems using Sony Bluetooth Mouse with Vaio Laptop

Hi

I just bought a Sony Bluetooth Mouse (VGP-BMS30) to use with my Vaio Laptop A215z, which already has bluetooth built-in. I can initially connect the mouse to the computer, however after i reboot/shut down the laptop and restart it, it does not recognize the mouse, even though the bluetooth switch is on. What i have to do then is remove the mouse from the bluetooth list, and then 'add' the bluetooth mouse again. Is this normal? i was previously using the Logitech MX900 bluetooth mouse, with that i paired the mouse and computer just the ONCE, and from then on they both recognized each other without having to re-connect everytime i boot up windows. I think all my settings are correct; i am using Win XP SP2, no firewall, no other wireless devices nearby etc. Oh one other thing: i bought my laptop from UK but the Sony mouse was bought from the USA...could this make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
pwvandeursen
Visitor

I have the same problem now. Does anybody have a solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance
Patrick

ZyRaIN
Visitor

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I've got the same mouse but a different laptop AR-serie and I don't have the problem here.

attambur
Visitor

I believe that you can re-connect the mouse by just pressing the mouse buttons. Simply full arroud the mouse over the table don't gives any result.

pwvandeursen
Visitor

no matter what I do after I restarted my machine, the mouse doesn't reconnect by itself. I have also tried to wait, and fiddel only with the left and right button, but no succes. Is there a sw I need to have to get this working?

ZyRaIN
Visitor

I have not done any special thing to get mine working - worked right away. I connects automatically even if I turn off the mouse or put new batteries in it it connects right away.