Join now - be part of our community!

PROBLEMS WITH DOWNLOADING VAIO UPDATES

MissMeli
Visitor

PROBLEMS WITH DOWNLOADING VAIO UPDATES

I desperately need to install the necessary updates for my Vaio VGN-FZ11Z. I particularly need to install the Wireless Card driver update as I keep loosing the Wireless signal. I just can't seem to download any of the updates on the official Sony update site and wondered if anyone else has the same problem. Can anyone help me and find a solution, as I'm tearing my hair out here!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Miss Meli,

are you able to download the Intel Wireless LAN Driver Update Version 11.1.1.16 from HERE

The FTP site in the link seems very slow but I was able to download the file.. :thinking:

Installation instructions..

This update Version 11.1.1.16 resolves wireless connection issues.

1. Download this update and save it to a download directory.
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click it to start the installation.
3. Click Continue at the User Account Control dialog box.
4. Wait while the Wizard updates your software

MissMeli
Visitor

No I can't download from your link; it's just too slow. I get the message 'time ran out'. What do you think is the problem with the speed of download? Is it a fault of Sony?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Miss Meli,

The download speed seems to have improved my end just short of 3 mins..

Have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall then downloading the update.?

MissMeli
Visitor

Thanks for trying to help me with this matter. Disabled Firewall; I still can't download though. I'm going insane!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Miss Meli,

have you been able to download the Intel Wireless LAN Driver Update Version 11.1.1.16 today or are you still experiencing problems.?