Join now - be part of our community!

Problems With PCG-GRX316MP Booting Up

rachelwrangham
Visitor

Problems With PCG-GRX316MP Booting Up

Hi All

I've got a Viao PCG-GRX316MP laptop that having problems booting up. When I click on the power button, the power stays on a steady green, the hard drive light comes on for a maximum 5 seconds at most then goes off. Nothing appears on screen from the minute I press the power button.

Originally, if removed the battery and left the laptop for 1/2 a day or moe then tried to power it back on, the laptop booted up fine. I've removed the hard drive and connected it to a pc and was able to access the contents of the hard drive fine.

Since removing the hard drive, the latop will not boot at all now even though i'm still getting a steady green power button and the hard drive ligt going off after 5 seconds.

Someone suggested changing the ram and the cmos battery, I've changed the ram but I can't figure out how to open up the laptop so I can change the cmos battery. I've removed all the screws that have an arrow beside them but I still can't open up the laptop. I've also be unable to locate a service guide which will show me how to open up the laptop.

If anyone can advise on how to open the laptop or better still, has a guide or diagrams on this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Rachel

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Rachel

Sounds like something might have failed on the motherboard. Thank god you got the data off the disk!

Not really sure what to suggest.