Join now - be part of our community!

Problems

Sh1nt4
Visitor

Problems

Hi!
I'm new to vaio world and i bought today the VAIO POCKET vith 40gb HDD. My computer recognises it as a USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE but i can't transfer MUSIC files into it, nor with Vaio Music Transfer nor with Sonic Stage. Vaio Music Transfe doesn't sees the vaio and sonic stage says that the version is not supporting ATRAC3 HDD device. I downloaded the upgrade form vaio website but nothing. Can u help me? Tnx!!! :smileygrin:

15 REPLIES 15
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi Sh1nt4.

Welcome to the forum:smileygrin:

What version of Sonic Stage are you running.

2.3 is out now which may address your problems. Check this thread for more details.

Sh1nt4
Visitor

2.3 is out now which may address your problems. Check this thread for more details.

Installed 2.3 but problem remains: CANNOT USE ATRAC AUDIO DEVICE WITH THIS VERSION OF SONIC STAGE.

Vaio Music Transfer doesn't connect to the pocket 😞

Automan
Visitor

Hi,
Did you first install the software from the CD provided with the Pocket Vaio before installing any updates from the connect website?

Also, does the device show up as a drive letter on your PC?
If yes, can you see any folders or files on it?

Good Luck

Automan.

ivan-d
Visitor

I got my vaio yesterday and I got the same problem! i can see the player in my computer, but for some reason music transfer doesn't see it!

Sh1nt4
Visitor

Hi,
Did you first install the software from the CD provided with the Pocket Vaio before installing any updates from the connect website?

Yes, I did. I installed them before anything.

Also, does the device show up as a drive letter on your PC?
If yes, can you see any folders or files on it?

Yes the device shows up as a driver and i can see following folders:
*OMGAUDIO with 10F00 as subfolder
*VAIO PHOTO with USER_001 as subfolder
*VAIO_System with ALBUMPIC as subfolder

I also transfered some images from my pc to the pocket, i also tried converting an mp3 to ATRAC manually and putting it into OMGAUDIO folder but nothing...as i said b4 SonicStage says that ATRAC DEVICE IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THIS VERSION and VAIO MUSIC TRANFER doesn't find the device as connected. Also the pocket stays in standby. Tnx again 4 help

Sh1nt4
Visitor

I got my vaio yesterday and I got the same problem! i can see the player in my computer, but for some reason music transfer doesn't see it!

So is not only my problem...I'm feeling a little better :slight_smile:

diverse
Visitor

I had a similiar issue, there was something in SonicStage like "authenticate" or "initiliase" under control or tools, i clicked on that and I was away, it is no longer there!

you must install the software from the CD and uninstall any version that was there and re-boot before starting with the CD!

ivan-d
Visitor

i've tried uninstalling everything- the programs, even the usb drivers from device manager, still no response from music transfer... BUT for some strange reason sonicstage started working after the 4th complete uninstall (even tho i didn't do anything different!)... this makes music transfer not working even weirder....

A-Bomb
Visitor

Hi,
I'm also a new pocket vaio user and i have exactly the same problem! if anyone can help us out please do!!!