Join now - be part of our community!

processor boost button

SOLVED
lostmywayagain
Explorer

processor boost button

Just purchased a Sony vaio fit with a so called booster button that will increase the speed to 2.7 GHz, can anyone tell me what or where this button is, I dont want the hassle of customer sevice the support web site drove me mad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lostmywayagain
Explorer

Hi, thanks again for your advice but its gone back to the shop, Ive had other problems wth it, so its back to my 6 yearold Sony laptop, the old one has a far better wifi almost twice the distance and with better reception so Im not really bothered about it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lostmywayagain,

As far as I am aware this model uses Intel turbo boost technology which doesn't require any user input to activate. It automatically cuts in under intense processor activity - hence you can't find a button to press as there isn't one.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technolog...

Rich 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
lostmywayagain
Explorer

Hi, thanks, its just that the advertising blurb says there is a button so I thought I would ask. I think you are right so Thanks again
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lostmywayagain,

Can you please provide a link to the advertising blurb that refers to a boost button?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
lostmywayagain
Explorer

Hi,go to currys site and look up sony vaio F15A1M2ES check the product details, Im not sure if Ive seen it on the Sony site. Regards.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi lostmywayagain,

Yes I see why the Currys site has caused confusion. If you look at your manual from the Sony support site there is no mention of a Turbo Boost button. Although the specifications do confirm that this model uses "Intel® Turbo Boost Technology".

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVF15A1M2ES

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
lostmywayagain
Explorer

Hi, thanks again for your advice but its gone back to the shop, Ive had other problems wth it, so its back to my 6 yearold Sony laptop, the old one has a far better wifi almost twice the distance and with better reception so Im not really bothered about it.