Join now - be part of our community!

Question About Graphic Card

velkopinev
Visitor

Question About Graphic Card

Hi all. I've got Sony Vaio PVC - W2 with 32.0 mb graphic card.
I just want to ask if i can change my card to something like 64 or 128 mb?So i can be able to play games.Thx all!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Velco and welcome!

I think you have the SiS 651 Integrated Graphics chipset in your W2 which is fixed to the motherboard.

As it is not a PCI Card, I don't think an upgrade is possible.

Sorry!

:slight_frown:

velkopinev
Visitor

Yea my Card is SiS651. Well thx for your help Blencogo, now i cant do anything about my graphic card.

velkopinev
Visitor

Hey Blencogo i just wanted to ask you one more thing.See on the info page about my computer it says that ''SIS651 (integrated graphics), 32MB (Shared with system memory)'' So if it shared with the system memory what if i upgread the memory, then will the graphic card get higher or anything like that?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Velco,

You can put another 512MB of memory in your W2 SEE HERE which will help the W2 run large programs and games.

However, your graphics use part of the system memory - but only up to a maximum of 32MB so with your high screen resolution, it is not going to be very good for games. Most games let you turn down the graphic effects and you could try a lower screen resolution but I fear you will always be disappointed with today's graphics hungry games.

To get a good frame rate of about 60 with Far Cry you need at least 256MB of graphics memory at your screen resolution if you want 4X anti-aliasing and 8X anisotropic filtering!

Things move forward rapidly in the games arena.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That's why consoles are the best sellers