Join now - be part of our community!

Question about Sony Vaio V1

HoMiC-HoMeR
Visitor

Question about Sony Vaio V1

I was wondering if a intergrated graphics card for the V1 would work or not? Graphic cards like:

-Nvidia NForce series
-Ati Radeon 9100 IGP series

And also would it increase the quality of the graphics better?

(i really want to play on other games but need better graphics ) :cry:

Thx :slight_smile:

37 REPLIES 37
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The V1's graphics cannot be upgraded unless you can find a more powerful PCI alternative.

HoMiC-HoMeR
Visitor

The V1's graphics cannot be upgraded unless you can find a more powerful PCI alternative.

What is a PCI ?
:thinking:

kee-lo_

PCI is the standard card which is used inside PCs, like USB cards and Firewire and SATA

HoMiC-HoMeR
Visitor

So the things above wont work as they are not standard "PCI"

Then what would be a more powerfull PCI ?:smileyconfused: the SiS661FX ??

kee-lo_

No, there are PCI based cards which would work - not promising anything though.

HoMiC-HoMeR
Visitor

not promising anything though.

So you could name a few with better graphics that would work ?

That would help alot :slight_smile:

guitarkid
Visitor

pci graphics cards are not very popular as they cannot run as fast as AGP ones, and the are quite expensive, i have looked into this myself, im not sure in your case, but in mine(w1) the pci slot is used up with the tv tuner card, so i have to settle for one or the other, its the only thing i dislike about my vaio, its graphic capabilities are poor...

i did hear about USB graphics cards but cant find any info about it, you can get USB sound cards so graphics cards my be possible, we shall have to see...

kee-lo_

As guitarkid said, it's not really a good move, as PCI is slower than AGP, and is expensive now as not many get sold.

vaiodon
Visitor

Go buy an X-Box or PS/2. It'd be cheaper!

Sorry to be blunt but I don't believe the V1 is marketed to be a games mega-machine.