Join now - be part of our community!

Question...how much?

profile.country.en_GB.title
sandykhan
Visitor

Question...how much?

how much is a Sony Vaio VPCS117GG in the UK? I'm trying to work out whether its cheaper here or in Hong Kong...

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sandykhan,

welcome to Club VAIO Questions & Answerers forum..:smileyhappy:

The VPC-S117GG is not sold in the UK.

Here is a link to the Vaio S series that are currently sold in the UK - http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vn-s-series/tab/models

sandykhan
Visitor

thank you! so that's why I couldn't find the price when I tried googling! :slight_smile:

May I ask you another question....

It seems cheaper to buy the VPC-S117GG from Hong Kong. I could save at around 300 pounds +.

Is it risky to buy from abroad? Will I get customer support and will the warrenty count in the UK?

Thanks in advance.... you're kind advise will really help me to make a decision.

Cheers, Sandy

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

More information...

I've been informed that if it states 'VAIO International Repair Service' in the specifications page on the Hong Kong Sony style site then YES that models Sony's standard manufactures warranty is accepted in most countries around the world..

For peace of mind you may want to check this by contacting Vaio support UK before you make the purchase.?

Outside guarantee period/Non-European VAIO      0905 0310006                                   (0.35£/min)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Is it risky to buy from abroad? Will I get customer support and will the warrenty count in the UK?

Hi Sandy,

As far as I was aware if you purchased your Vaio in another region then usually Sony's standard manufactures warranty would only apply in that region, ie Hong Kong/Asia..:smileysad:

However it does state in the specifications of the S11GG ,on the HK Sony web site, that it has Local Warranty & VAIO International Repair Service..

I'll try and find more information from Sony for you..:smileyconfused:

sandykhan
Visitor

Thank U!!!!!

Wow u managed to answer my question...not sure I can thank u enough Thalamus!

Cheers!!!! Sandy

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Sandy...:smileyhappy: