Join now - be part of our community!

question wlan, display

Maximilian
Visitor

question wlan, display

hello,

I have two questions about my VGN-SZ2XP nootebook.

My first question is about the display.Is it possible to turn it manually on and off?

And the second: Sometimes, my wireless connection turns off but the computer shows to me that the connection still exists. But it is not really so. To repair it I must disconnect all and than I have to reconnect.
Can you help me? What is wrong?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad school englisch...

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

1) Nope, only with power saving schemes.

2) Have you checked that your wireless card doesn't have auto turn off to save power?

KingGeorge
Visitor

Sounds indeed like a power saving setting (since windows says the connection stays)

Check the power settings with control panel/system/device manager
right-click your wireless card and choose properties, under the advanced tab, set all power-related settings to max performance.

Also check the vaio power management settings, some vaios have a setting for wireless there.

If it's OK now, you can always go back and tweak some settings, cuz everything uses max battery power now.

I have also had a similar problem on my old fujitsu-laptop, solved it at the time by just updating windows.

Maximilian
Visitor

thank you

1. Are there any programms witch i can use and bind me this on my tastature.

2. I have done this, but i have to watch it.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

A software utility, Wizmo, has a command to blank the screen. I have not tried it, so at your own risk….

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat