Join now - be part of our community!

Quick web access stuck!

profile.country.en_GB.title
withec
Visitor

Quick web access stuck!

Hi,

Please can you help.

When we start the Vaio with the Quick Web Access button, the screen shows the front page but the timer (circle arrow spinning round and round) keeps spinning.   We've waited for minutes but it does not progress onto the web page.

This is a recent problem. It has worked fine for the last 6 months.

Thanks,
Chris

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
marshy100
Visitor

Hi Chris,

Unforunately, I don't have an answer to your problem.

However, I have exactly the same problem, so i'm looking forward to Sony's response. I have contaced their engineers who got me to restore the computers factory settings, to no avail.

Mine to was working perfectly well, until recently but now, nothing but the spinning wheel, ver frustrating.

Heres hoping

Marshy

EvilWizardAku
Visitor

Hi Chris and Marshy,

I also have the exact same problem, it just happened to me today. I was just wondering have either of you two have the problem resolved? 

If anybody is reading and knows a solution, please help.

Thanks,

Mark.

EvilWizardAku
Visitor

Okay, I've just fixed it thanks to Sony online help.

Press the Assist button on your Vaio or go into Start and then Vaio help.

Click Recovery and Restore option.

Then click Reinstall Programs.

Then click the Quick Web Access program and then reinstall, restart and then it should work from there.

shredder87
Visitor

I have the same problem, but the solutions only temporarily fix the problem. I've tried to re-install the software, and done a complete system recovery, and it only appears to work correctly the very first time I use it.  Once I've shut the machine down, and re-start, web pages start hanging again.

You may find the solutions given to me below help, but as I said, it only temporarily fixed the problem for me.  I'm still looking for a solution 😞

Best of luck !

Please follow the steps below in order to diagnose and solve the issue:

-Shut down the computer.

-Press the WEB button.

-Select the Language and Keyboard layout and click the Next button.

-Select the correct Date and Time, and then click the Finish button.

-On the LaunchBar located at the bottom right, click the Network icon to set up an Internet connection.

-In the Network window, click to place a check in the box to enable the desired connection and click the Setup button.

-In the Advanced Network Settings window, type or search for the network name and then type in the password key if you have one and click the OK button.

If the issue still persists then please follow the steps below to reset the quick web access:

Go to Configuration panel-->restore settings-->restore

-Please Clear the private data in the quick web access by following the below instructions:

Go to Tools-->Clear private data-->check on all the boxes-->clear my private data now.

If you are unable to perform the previous steps, kindly switch to windows and perform the steps below:

Press on Start-->type VAIO Recovery Center on the search bar-->press on Reinstall Programs or Drivers-->on the programs tab; you will find the Quick Web Access software, so please reinstall the software and check the WEB button again.

In case the WEB button is not working. Please follow the instructions on the below link to reset the BIOS:

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/index.jsp?DocId=34786&l=en_GB

If the troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, kindly perform a Full Recovery for your VAIO. Check instructions in the following link:

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/index.jsp?DocId=35564&l=en_GB

Note: Kindly backup your data because Sony is not responsible for any data loss.

Should you have any further questions or queries, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us on these numbers below:

VAIO in warranty: 0870 240 2408

VAIO out of warranty: 0905 0310006 (35p/min plus network charges)

Our lines are open 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday

Regards,