Join now - be part of our community!

"HDD: Needs attention" SVE1712Z1EB

profile.country.en_GB.title
RandBlade
Visitor

"HDD: Needs attention" SVE1712Z1EB

VAIO Laptop model SVE1712Z1EB

Windows 8

The VAIO Laptop regularly has programs stalling and becoming unresponsive during which time Task Manager shows Disk Usage Active Time at 100PERCENTAGESIGN.

Event Viewer repeatedly has disk warnings saying "The IO operation at logical block address ####### for Disk 0 was retried" - with ###### varying.

Repeatedly Scandisk says the Hard Drive needs repairing on reboot (which takes about 8 hours each time when it does) but this doesn't fix the problem.

I have ran the Vaio Care HDD Diagnostics and again after a few hours it fails each time, I believe on the Funnel Test. Vaio Care now has the message "VAIO Hardware Diagnostics HDD: Needs Attention" but doesn't run much advice beyond running Scandisk (which doesn't fix it and it again fails the next diagnostic test).

Not sure if its related but guessing so; I'm getting quite a few Blue Screen Of Death crashes. When it crashes on screen the error message is KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
RandBlade
Visitor

I posted this over a week ago and haven't had a reply. Any ideas or do I need to send it in for a warranty repair?

Wraggy26
New

I have had the exact same problem with my laptop. I too constantly got the blue screen 😞 which is then followed by scanning the hard drive.

After 6 months of owning my laptop and it continuously crashing it broke. Non of my programs would open and error messages poped up left right and center. I tried to restor my PC which didnt work. I then took it back to John Lewis where it had been purchased. They restored the factory settings, resulting in me losing all my files. They then scanned the computer which took them 24hr and found no errors. They said it was fine and gave it me back. 

So there is basically as far as I have found there is no solution to the problem as there is nothing actually wrong. Very disappointed in this product and wouldn't recommend it.