Ram expansion

mluca
Visitor

Ram expansion

Hi to all and sorry for my english.

I have a VGN-S4M/S Vaio notebook.
Reading the specification folder that i have found with the notebook, i read:
Maximum RAM Installable: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM

but reading all information on this notebook and contacting technical support all say me that i can't install more than 1Gb of RAM

I must believe that the specification note are mistaken?

Thanks in advanced to all for any clarification.

king regards.

5 REPLIES 5
diecerll
Visitor

Hi to all and sorry for my english.

I have a VGN-S4M/S Vaio notebook.
Reading the specification folder that i have found with the notebook, i read:
Maximum RAM Installable: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM

but reading all information on this notebook and contacting technical support all say me that i can't install more than 1Gb of RAM

I must believe that the specification note are mistaken?

Thanks in advanced to all for any clarification.

king regards.

Hello, I have the VGN-S4HP/B and it has the same RAM limit, 2GB max, but you only can install 1GB. Up to date, there are only 512MB modules, then the VAIO S4 has two modules, so the maximun amount of RAM is, 2x512Mb=1024MB=1GB.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
VGN-S4M/S has 2x256MB=512MB, then the two modules are occuped.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Hi, I've a VGN-S4/M and I bought 2 x 1GB sodimm ddr2 400Mhz ram modules on ebay, but I have not yet put them on my laptop cause I not sure it's functioning well so I don't want to loose warranty..so I cannot still tell you if it supports 2GB like specifications says, but I think it's extremely strange that specifications are mistaken, I think that it's only a matter of choosing exactly the right type of ram, that is sodimm ddr2 - 400mhz, if you choose kingstone you'll be quite sure that it will be compatible. I'll let you know when I'll will put the one that I bought on my laptop, bye

mluca
Visitor

Hi to all,

I have however tried to install 2x1Gb module and my sony work fine!

I think that can not be a warranty problem, because my specification folder attached with my sony report that the max ram supported is 2Gb!!!

I give you a memory type that I have bought. I hope this can help who need this type of upgrade.

Kingston KVR533D2S4/1G

Hope this help.

Thanks to all.

King regards.

Hi, I've VGN S4/M too and I've already installed 2 x 1GB sodimm ddr2 modules, it works perfectly !
Enjoy!