Join now - be part of our community!

re sony vaio care rescue programme

profile.country.en_GB.title
dbm1966
Visitor

re sony vaio care rescue programme

can anyone help me with this problem i have with my vaio when you turn on and it boots up and then the widows logo comes on after that i get  a screen sony vaio care rescue and you wait till it loads and then u get a white screen and then cahanges back to sony vaio care rescue page giving you opions like full recovery part recovery or turn of and start  again when u shut down and start up again  the sony vaio  care rescue dissappears and starts loading windows as normal but after u shut down the rescue care programme starts up it that normal

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dbm1966,

Assuming that your notebook is still in warranty I suggest that you contact Support, but first try a recovery to factory settings.

A friend of mine had this very problem and I spent a considerable amount of time trying to sort it out. We tried a reset to factory settings using the Assist button (when shut down) - something that Support will no doubt ask you to try and also the recovery media to return to factory settings; all to no avail as although the recovery seemed to progress as expected it still booted to the Vaio Care rescue screen.

Eventually the machine was collected for repair and a faulty motherboard was diagnosed and replaced. No problems since.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
dbm1966
Visitor

Hi rich I have done the full factory reset to  factory default  from a 16gig USB drive and done and completed and the same situation ole have to ring Sony up in the morning and yes it is still in warranty thank you for ur info  dudley

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi dbm1966,

To save time when calling Support try a recovery by pressing the Assist button when fully shut down - you should then be able to tell them that this has the same result. This will recover from the hidden recovery partition and thus elimimate any possibility that your removable recovery media is corrupt.

For your information my friend's notebook with the same problem is a Vaio SVE14.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat