Join now - be part of our community!

Recording from my Vaio to my Archos

bobbyrock
Visitor

Recording from my Vaio to my Archos

Hi,

Can anyone help? I want to take the out put of my vaio and record it to my archos video recorder. Can this be done? My archos has the standard video leads of yellow (video) then red and white for the audio. This would normally go into my tv av out sockets and record.

My vaio has the video out jack socket. What I would like to do is have an adaptor and convert to archos yellow video pin into the jack video pin for the vaio. Is this possible? is this the way it should be done?

Help!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

You should be able to do this. I believe this cable should allow you to connect. Make sure that your socket on the Vaio is an a/v output or post your model number.

bobbyrock
Visitor

Thanks,

I'm not with my vaio at the moment but I'm sure it's a K215b or there abouts [:-/ Th socket on the vaio is yellow and looks like this

Also, That cable gives the male ends. I would want the female so that my leads could plug into it. Is that possible. Excuse my idiocy. All this is alien to me.

robpaxton
Explorer

The K315 has an a/v socket. These will allow you yo change the gender on the plugs.

bobbyrock
Visitor

Brilliant!! Thanks a lot. By the way, What do I do with the sound? Do i take it from the speaker out and just use a jack to phono adapter?

robpaxton
Explorer

The a/v socket should give you sound, just connect the red and white cables from the sony lead to the archos audio input cables.

bobbyrock
Visitor

I'm a idiot.

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile: