Join now - be part of our community!

Recording TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
Philipgc
Visitor

Recording TV

Hi All

Until recently, until I decided to reorganise Vaio Entertainment/Videos, I was able to record TV. Now I get 'Registration with Database failed' and it doesn't record. System restore hasn't worked. Apart from finding someone who can look deep into my psyche and tell me what I did , and perhaps why on earth I did it, does anyone have any ideas please.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Synick and welcome to Club Vaio.

We will need to know your Vaio model and the Operating System you are using.

For example:
XP + Vaio Zone
XP + WMC
Vista + WMC
Windows 7 + WMC

What directories have you moved?

Hopefully then someone can help.

:thinking:

Philipgc
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Thanks for your response. I have a VGC-V3M/CEK, bought in 2005 if that helps.

The operating system is XP+Vaio zone.

Unfortunately I am not sure about the directories.

The folders that may have some bearing which I am left with on D drive include My Works/My Video/Video TS; nds; VAIO Entertainment/VAIO Entertainment/database; VAIO Entertainment/Video; VAIO Entertainment /Video(2); VAIO Entertainment/database/LDF file & MDF file; VAIO Entertainment/database/LDF & MDF files; VAIO Entertainment/Temp/Remote Photo Cache.

There seems to be duplication which is what I was trying to clear up in the first place but clearly should have left well alone.

Hope this is the information you require but if not I will try again. There is perhaps no need for me to emphasise that I am computer illiterate as you will have guessed, so please keep the questions and any help you can give very simple.

Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Synick,

My memory isn't that good but here goes: -

Start -> All Programs -> Vaio Zone -> Vaio Zone Settings

and in the Settings Dialogue Box click on:

General -> Content

and in the 'Contents Folders' box ADD all the folders on your D:\ drive where you have content that you wish to view in Vaio Zone.

When you have done this click on "Set up VAIO Media" to allow access to your Vaio Media Servers.

...... I think!!

:thinking:

Philipgc
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo

I will try this at the weekend when my son is home just in case I dig the hole any deeper.

Will let you know the result next week.

Regards.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

OK Good Luck!

I think you will find you have simply changed the directory paths and names. When you match them up again Vaio Zone should be able to find them again.

:wink:

Philipgc
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Everything now working, we followed your guidance and also deleted 'database', restarted and the system replaced it automatically, presumably in the right form.

Many thanks for your help.