Join now - be part of our community!

Recovering the Windows 7 product key from the Ceritificate of Authenticity

profile.country.GB.title
parkside13
New

Recovering the Windows 7 product key from the Ceritificate of Authenticity

hi , just formatted and reinstalled win 7 , product key on sticker underside of pc not accepted by windows , how do i recover it?     thanks dave

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Which product are you using?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As you have found out, the Product Key on the bottom of your Vaio is only valid for support of the Sony OEM version of Windows 7. When reinstalling or recovering the Sony OEM version, no activation is required.

If you don’t have a copy of the original OS to install, I would telephone the local Microsoft Activation line and explain your situation. If they feel generous (they usually are) they will activate Win 7 for you, probably by giving you another Key.

I am assuming they will still do this even though they have now withdrawn support for Windows 7?

profile.country.GB.title
willie5QB
Explorer

I would definitely contact official support because of that issue. If there would be more serious problems with activating your software solutions, I can share with you this resource ( site: https://mysoftwarekeys.com/product/office-2019-professional-plus-product-key ). I visit it every time, when I purchase a new PC, to get the most relevant keys for every software product.