Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Center Download?

profile.country.el_GR.title
gewmpoik
Visitor

Recovery Center Download?

Hello guys!

I have a VGN-FW21E. Recently my hard disc crashed so i had to buy a new one and install windows from the beginning. Now i am searching to download Vaio Recovery Center but only thing i can find is Recovery Center Update. Anyone knows something about it ??

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi gewmpoik,

Have you used a retail copy of Windows or the OEM version?

If you created recovery disks for your FW then reinstalling the OS using these will reinstate that utility. Otherwise you will need to purchase a set of the recovery media from Support as this utility is not available for download.

From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (£0.35/min)

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi gewmpoik and welcome.

Some program's are only available as part of the Sony Operating System installation.  I presume you did not make Recovery Discs before your HDD failed?

If you have installed a non-Sony version of Windows, you will not have the Recovery Partition on your New HDD and so there is no point in installing the Recovery Centre as it will do nothing.

You can buy a Recovery Disc Set from Vaio Support which will replace the Recovery Partition and Recovery Centre but this will have a cost because you should have made your own discs using the Recovery Centre when you first bought your Vaio.

Alternatively, if you are happy with the version of Windows you have installed, you could buy Backup Software and make your own recovery files.  Something like Acronis True Image would do the trick.

profile.country.el_GR.title
gewmpoik
Visitor

Well i failed to make some recovery discs before my HDD crashes. So it seems i ll just keep it as it is now.

Thanks alot for the info and for helping me with those information :slight_smile:

Much Appreciated.

profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

Buying the recovery disk would be the best option for this since you already purchased an HDD. Good luck. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.en_GB.title
shanbalasay
Visitor

Same case with me. My HDD crashed. But I had created the Recovery Disks (1, 2 & 3) as soon as I bought -.SONY VAIO VGN=FW21L which had Windows Vista Home Premium. After replacing with new HDD, I installed Windows 7 Home Premium but I couldnt locate VAIO Recovery Centre for download and install. My intention is to use my Recovery Disks and get my VAIO to the previous state through the Disks.

I'll appreciate any advise.

Bijender
Explorer

Bijender
Explorer

i want to download vaio recovery center for windows 7 64 bit

plz help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bijender,

As stated above this utility is only available as part of the original operating system and Sony don’t provide a download.

If you provide further details as to why you need this utility then we may be able to advise further.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Bijender
Explorer

my hard disk damaged after that I replaced new one. Where i have to download vaio recovery center in my laptop. Plz help me.