Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Disc

tman16
Visitor

Recovery Disc

Hi,

I just made a recovery disc, does this mean when ever somethign went wrong with my laptop and i used the recovery discs i will come back to where iam now wit all the programs i have now?

And also how can i check whether my recovery disc was made correctly with out having to actually run the recovery?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tman,

You can use the recovery disc's that you created or you can run the Vaio Recovery tool to recover your vaio.. :slight_smile:

The only way I know of to check if the recovery disc's work is to use them to recover your vaio.. :slight_frown:

However as your Vaio has a recovery partition and as long as this partition does not get corrupted or deleted, you can always either use the Vaio recovery utility or if you can not start widows you press F10 repeatedly when starting your vaio, as this should also start the recovery process.. :slight_smile:

tman16
Visitor

thx so if i installed windows vista and wanted to go back to windows xp i put the recovery discs in or start the recovery facility and i will get back to windows xp??

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You should, providing your recovery partition is still intact after installing vista, be able to press F10 when booting your vaio to start the recovery process..

The recovery disc's may not work as they may not recognise your Vaio once Vista is installed.. :slight_frown:

Have you thought of making an image of your hard drive with something like Acronis True Image before you install Vista..?