Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Discs problem

Shadowriver
Visitor

Recovery Discs problem

Hello, first i sorry with my bad English if it is 😜 got fallowing problem with VAIO Recovery Center on VAIO VGN-FZ21M:
I trying to burn Recovery Discs, so im running the VAIO Recovery Center choose "Create Recovery Discs", picking 3 DVDs option, so i inserted a first DVD-R, then "copying files" progress staring, after few minutes of "File Coping" the "The disc could not be created.:Try restarting application" error pop-up and drive ejected. Ofcorse as we know in life restarting application (and even notebook) didn't work 😜 I tried many times, with different DVD-Rs, and still didn't work. I think is not a drive or DVD-R problem, recording on dose work fine in Nero. Anyone know what is wrong or at least know now where more detailed information about this error is stored (some logs)? 😜

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Shadowriver,

welcome to Club Vaio..

Try using DVD+R discs, Verbatim, TDK and Sony seem to work ok..

Shadowriver
Visitor

I already tried DVD+R from TDK 😜 and i had the same error.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Shadowriver,

have you installed the VAIO Recovery Center Patch 1.1.4.7 available from HERE

Shadowriver
Visitor

It's looks like it worked 😆 hmmm i previously installed 1.1.4.8 patch because Recovery Center didn't even run 😜 so why it worked in older patch?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi

I wasn't aware there was a newer patch.. :thinking:

Have you a link.?

Shadowriver
Visitor

heh? Ok thanks then ^^'

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome..

Shadowriver
Visitor

Opss we had little post chaos here, you edited post 😛

Hi

I wasn't aware there was a newer patch.. :thinking:

Have you a link.?

Yes there is 1.1.4.8, i install it at first time, and have problem that i describe adove. I installed older 1.1.4.7 now, following your advice now it's working ^^

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Opss we had little post chaos here, you edited post 😛

my apologies..

Do you have a link for the newer update as it does not appear on the download page (HERE ) for your model.. :thinking: