Join now - be part of our community!

recovery disk for svf15a1m2es problem

profile.country.GB.title
jplt01
Explorer

recovery disk for svf15a1m2es problem

i bought recovery disk for svf15a1m2es from sony recommended supplier from their website and these don't work can anybody help"      

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi jplt01,

Have you by any chance replaced the hard drive? If so there is the possibility that the old drive had 512 bytes per sector and the new drive is an Advanced Format drive having 4K bytes per sector. If this is the case then the recovery media will not work with the new drive.

You can purchase a retail copy of Windows, which will be AF aware and then install all drivers and utilities from the support site. Unfortunately the software that came bundled with the machine is not usually downloadable.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
jplt01
Explorer

I have not replaced anything all I have done is removed norton 360.  removing this cause my recovery drive to be removed

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

When booting with the recovery media in the drive, and priority set to this drive in the BIOS, do you receive any error code?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
jplt01
Explorer

No i don't get an error code it just keeps going back to start after asking for language and keyboard set up

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

In that case I suggest that you contact the supplier of the recovery media and ask either for a refund or a replacement set.

\rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat