Join now - be part of our community!

RECOVERY DISKS FOR VPCEH2C5E PLEASE...

profile.country.en_GB.title
irshaad86
Explorer

RECOVERY DISKS FOR VPCEH2C5E PLEASE...

I installed a linux fedora OS and accidentally replaced the whole of Windows 7 OS. Even the partitions for recovery disk have been lost. Can anyone help me out with recovery disks of the same model as I was advised by sony support to use those which I don't have. Sony support offered to sell recovery disks but they are quoting high price.

4 REPLIES 4
irshaad86
Explorer

Thanks bro, That would be valuable. I live in Cardiff.

rakrama
Visitor

Edited for requesting personal details

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited 6th April 09:15

peshyxp
Visitor

I would suggest asking around for someone to lend you a set of recovery discs for you

Last resort would be clean install of Windows 7 if someone has a copy available for you to use

And yes I agree Sony charge an extortionate amount to supply recovery discs so avoid at all costs + they charge you just to contact them on their premium phone number

Not exactly good customer service in my opinion

Good luck with your search

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited by Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Just a note of the legal position.

What you are proposing is technically illegal from Microsoft's point of view and as this is a Sony forum, you cannot ask for someone to illegally provide you with Recovery Discs here.

What you do with your friends behind closed doors is not a concern but Sony Moderators will delete anything illegal on this forum so please do not ask for fellow users to provide copy recovery discs here.

:wink: