Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Error 305: 69: Vaio VGN-NR21S

profile.country.de_DE.title
luflore32
Visitor

Recovery Error 305: 69: Vaio VGN-NR21S

Dear all,

I have a problem concerning the Vaio Recovery system.

My 3 years old Vaio VGN-NR21S made this days some troubles, but I would like to continue using it.

So I decided to make a recovery of the system. After choosing the option to set it on start situation now there is no way back, as C-Drive is formated.

By trying to recover the default installation after 9% to 16% of recovery the error 305: 69: appeared.

I have searched the Net for this and also this Community. So this seams nothing spectacular. But I didn't find any useful solution for it. All options there seem to me shots into the darkness.

Yet I ve gone to the BIOS and set it to default by F9, I have checked the options suggested by sony, which comes only to calling customer support. Yet I didn’t call, cause the solution there seems to be to purchase a new set of recovery DVDs, and I didn’t found any one writing “this is the way”.

I tried to recover the system by two sets of recovery DVDs and also by the recovery partition – same effect – error 305: 69. Checking HDD shows no fault.

Do anyone experience a real solution of this problem and may share it here?

I would appreciate this very much.

Best regards,

Luis

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Luis,

If you are receiving the error 305: 69 when trying to restore from both optical recovery media and the HDD recovery partition (F10) then, despite the fact that checking the HDD reports no error, it does point to a HDD problem.

As a new HDD is relatively inexpensive a replacement would be my first resort. 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat