Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery Mode

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rezrahma5
Visitor

Recovery Mode

I have been trying to recover VPCEB4J0E to factory settings, I have formatted all the partiotions accidently assuming their where recovery discs.

Anyhow i tried to install vista and things still did not work out now i was trying to put it back together in its factory state having difficulty how do i do that i can not see a download recovery tool on this website and cant find one anywhere.

When i do press the assist iot goes to the vista tools instaed which are the wrong ones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi rezrahma5.

If you have formatted the Recovery Partition and not made Recovery discs, the only way to return the Vaio to factory settings is to purchase a replacement set of Recovery Discs from Vaio Support. I think the cost is around £50. You cannot download recovery software.

You can check if the Recovery Partition has been destroyed by pressing the ASSIST button when the Vaio is completely shut down - this only works if the Vaio is shut down first. If the Recovery partition is still there, Vaio Care Recovery should start which will allow you to do a full recovery. If Vaio Care Recovery Mode does not start, then the Recovery Partition is not there.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi rezrahma5.

If you have formatted the Recovery Partition and not made Recovery discs, the only way to return the Vaio to factory settings is to purchase a replacement set of Recovery Discs from Vaio Support. I think the cost is around £50. You cannot download recovery software.

You can check if the Recovery Partition has been destroyed by pressing the ASSIST button when the Vaio is completely shut down - this only works if the Vaio is shut down first. If the Recovery partition is still there, Vaio Care Recovery should start which will allow you to do a full recovery. If Vaio Care Recovery Mode does not start, then the Recovery Partition is not there.

:thinking: