Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery stops at 72% Sony VAIO VGN-AR31E

Gerdje10
Visitor

Recovery stops at 72% Sony VAIO VGN-AR31E

My laptop became real slow so I decided to do a full recovery (factory state) reset.
Initially the recovery process goes well, windows starts and the recovery continues... However after 72% the system hangs at a CMD prompt.
I tried both recovery images, from the recovery partition and from the created recovery discs... Same result. PLEASE help, thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.ES.title
rafernn98

I have the same problem with a FZ21S but stopped at 17% of the installation, imposible recovery from partition recovery...Anyy idea, please?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you reset the BIOS to its default values?

1. Turn on your VAIO.
2. When you see the Sony logo, press F2 several times.
3. You will get the PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility window.
4. Press F9 to get default values and then press ENTER to confirm.
5. Press F10 to save changes and exit and then press ENTER to confirm.
6. You have restored the default values and your VAIO will now restart.

If the recovery fails after this then you may need to purchase a set of Recovery Discs from Vaio Support.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
ekartal10
Visitor

My problem is same as rafernn98s. The process stopped at %76. Must I wait until it begins to continue? What I have to do? I afraid of reboot while process running. PLease help. I dont have dvd.

profile.country.en_GB.title
austingrd
Visitor

Just to clarify. Does it get stuck on both using the hidden partition and recovery disks? There might be a problem with the HDD here. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

Hello, my vaio was stopping at %52 Live Essentials installation. Then i presset ctrl + shift + esc to open windows task manager. And then i kill the process witch is involved with live essentials setup, and setup just continue ! And i was able to finish recovery with success. i hope someone can use this metod, but maybe you need to correct process to kill .