Join now - be part of our community!

Reinstalling Vaio Update

alexvol
Visitor

Reinstalling Vaio Update

Good morning,

I mistakenly uninstall Vaio Update. I downloaded the latest version from the Club Vaio. But when I start the installation, he said there was no previous version and the installation stops.

Please help me to correct this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi alexvol,

Unfortunately Vaio Update is not available to download..

If you have removed Vaio Update from your Vaio, boot into safe mode and try running a system restore to the point before you removed the application..

To boot into safe mode, Start your Vaio and when the Vaio logo appears press the F8 key repeatedly..

Did you know that you can check and download updates for your Vaio via the Sony support download page, use the following link then select your model in the drop down list to download the update: Sony Support Downloads

broochie
Visitor

I'n not sure but if you created any VAIO recovery media discs, usually 2 of them. Browse disc 2 & go in the folder named VAIO, then go to applications, l believe you should find a folder named VAIO Update & try to install that one because the one u tried installing was an upgrade of the earlier version installed so it didnt work cause there was nothing to upgrade
... Goodluck :slight_smile: