Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control problem: VAIO VGC LA2 - RM-MCE20E windows Vista

jclama
Visitor

Remote control problem: VAIO VGC LA2 - RM-MCE20E windows Vista

Hello
Hi to all users & administrators in the forum.
I have the equipment described in the title, with vista home premium, and the problem comes and goes.

The problem is that the remote controller sends the signal, and the PC receives it, as I see the little red light flash when I push any button, BUT there is no response from the PC.
I can't find out really what makes it happens, but I'm pretty sure it's after the PC goes to "sleep" mode, and it returns to normal state that the problem comes.
Yes, I know rebooting brings it to life, but it should not be the normal procedure.

Thanks to all for your time
Regards.

14 REPLIES 14
jclama
Visitor

Well, bad news, now it doesn't work even with a reboot. T :slight_frown:
The system says there is a USB device not recognized by the system
I tend to think the IR receiver is emulated or some, can someone give any ideas on how to reinstall the driver??

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Not sure what to suggest. Is the Remote installed correctly in Device Manager?

http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/MCE_Remote_FAQ

Have you tried changing the Remote's Power Management properties to allow the device to wake the Vaio from sleep?

:thinking:

rupertthebear
Visitor

I see that a lot of us seem to be having this poroblem. I purchased my PC earlier this week and have not been able to get the remote control to work. The PC seems to respond to the remote commands - the red light in the front oof the PC flashes but no action is forthcoming. I have tried all the usual but to no avail. I would appreciate any help and advice available...

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club rupert
Guys ran into this one early days and Blencogo is right on the money. Follow his instruction and go into the device manager and go exactly to where his brilliant link is highlighted however simply disable and then reenable the driver and it will work. Its a glitch with vista I would say service pack 3 addresses this and will give us 10% better performance on laptops...hooray

rupertthebear
Visitor

Tony,
Many thanks for the info.
After reading the article it woud seem that the driver for the existing IR Remote has not been loaded or has dissapered from the Device manager/Universal Bus Controllers list.
I do not have an entry "eHome Infrared Remote Control". Under System devices I have a "Consumer IR Device"(is this related?
I do not seem to be able to find any updates/downloads on the Mssite relating to Infrared Remote Control (under MS Vista).
I cannot find anything referencing Infrred in the Control panel. i.e no Infrared Icon.

As per the following on the Vaio support site.
An infrared connection cannot be made or keeps getting disconnected.
Solution:
If you are experiencing the above issue, please do the following:
Click Start, point to Settings and click Control Panel.
Double-click the Infrared icon.
Under Status check whether or not the device is detected.*
Enter the BIOS to check whether infrared is enabled there. To do so, please follow the steps below:

It would seem that I cannot procedd any further until I have obtained and loaded this software.
Grateful for any further help/pointers that you can provide.
Many thanks...

mufcpaul
Visitor

I had the same problem, I re-installed vista and all the drivers and it works ok now

tobyfrench
Visitor

I have the same problem - driving me crazy! The remote occasionally works but is not listed in Device Manager.

Do I really have to reinstall Vista? Is there not some driver I can download that will fix it? I tried the driver package on this site but I can't find anything to help me.

tuca1976
Visitor

Hi Guys,
I bought last saturday a VGX-TP1E desktop.
I'm experiencing exact same problem , the remote controller (RM-MCME20E)not working. I can see the little red light on the front of PC flashing when i press any button but no response. Called the Sony Support they suggested to do a Full Restore via recovery discs. Will do it tonight.
Any development on your side ? Would really appreciate any help.

LittleMan
Visitor

Hi all,

I also bought a VGX-TP1E recently and have had exactly the same problems with the remote, one resolution I found was to physically remove the power from the PC over night and in the morning it all works again - No nead to rebuild the PC each time. As I understand it Sony are aware of the problem and developing a patch watch the updates page.

Thanks