Join now - be part of our community!

Replacing harddrive sony vaio 13 s

profile.country.en_GB.title
boork93
Visitor

Replacing harddrive sony vaio 13 s

Hi guys,

So I bought a Sony vaio S 13" roughly a year ago, all around I have been very happy with it and it has worked almost like a dream. But I regret not paying the extra money to get a SSD harddrive in it and I went with the 5400rp instead. So my question to you is have easy/hard is it to replace the current harddrive with and SSD or is it just impossible/ should get a professional to do it. Or if you think it's just not worth it. Please write below.

Many thanks

boork93

Ps: The exact model is SV-S13A1C5E

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
binbash

Hi boork93,

I bought a new laptop a few years ago and immediately bought a seperate SSD and fitted it. It was a vast improvement on the stock hard disk, I suspect it will be the same in your case espectially as it's the 5400rpm disk. Of course it all depends on the SSD you buy, as there are many different speeds (read/write to the disk and interface speeds) and how much you want to spend?

I can't find any info on how to replace the hard drive on your computer, but I'm guessing the main issue will be getting the operating system back on to the new disk. Do you have any OS CDs/DVDs?

binbash