Join now - be part of our community!

Roomlink Option with VGC-V2m

harrisi
Visitor

Roomlink Option with VGC-V2m

Appoligies if this is answered in the "V Generation" Forum, but I think there will be more chance of it being answered here.

I Have a VGC-V2M, and in the most I happy with it. I have a couple of questions :

1. There's no video output so how would I connect it to a larger screen to watch TV which I have recorded ?
2. I did think I could overcome problem 1, if I purchased a RoomLink, but I have tried to source one in the UK, and no one sells them. On Sony's site it is not listed as an optional extra for the Desktop, even athough it comes with Sony Vaio Link, and all the software for managing your music and video needs. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or if they have this working with any of the VGC range ?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You cannot buy RoomLink, which is sad.
BTW this belongs here, not V-Generation, this forum is used to discuss VAIO's spotlight on users.

From what I understand it doesn't have a TV out either, which would make it impossible to connect to TVs.... which is bad.

harrisi
Visitor

Thanks Kee-Lo

I think is a big downfall on this type of system. It has all the Vaio Media software, and by the looks of it you can set up the Media Server. It's a new product and you would expect it to support up an coming wireless devices !

Do we know if the one advertised in the US is compatible ?

I'm heading across their in the coming months and could pick it up.

Regards

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I have no idea, you'd have to test it out - if it fails I bet someone would snap it up on eBay